Make Your Home Smell Great - Natural Room Scents
Friday Sep 10th, 2021
Add fragrance to your home using simmering waters infused with spices, herbs, & fruit
If you are one of those who hates artificial scents of any kind. Or want to avoid air fresheners and their harmful ingredients that are hard on people with allergies and asthma. Air in the house can get stale at times Or, if you have cooked something with strong aroma you want to walk in the house have it smell pleasant. Nothing overpowering, Just pleasant.
There is a simple, all natural, truly lovely solution. That is to fill the air of your home with subtle scents of spices, herbs, and fruit. All you have to do is simmer some sweet-smelling ingredients in water. The steam fills the air with a pleasant scent. Truth is Realtors often advise sellers to bake cookies or boil cinnamon water right before a potential buyer drops by. That inviting aroma goes a long way to leave a good first impression.
. Fragrant items for naturally scenting your home:
- citrus -- Citrus is sturdier, longer-lasting, and gives these scent recipes freshness. Lemons and oranges are particularly fragrant and have the best staying power in these scented waters.
- herbs -- woody twigs hold up the best. rosemary and thyme.
- pine or cedar twigs/needles --
- extracts -- A touch of vanilla or almond extract improves most room fragrance mixtures. Mint extract has a nice fresh scent.
- spices -- You can use ground or whole sweet spices. The whole spices look prettier, if your scented water will be in a location where it will be seen. I have found that cinnamon sticks and whole cloves have the most scent staying power. Cinnamon sticks can be rinsed off and reused several times. They keep on giving.