5 Unique Holiday Gifts
Monday Nov 16th, 2020
If you haven’t done all of your holiday gift shopping yet, then here are five ideas for unique gifts, some with staying power long after the holidays are over.
1. Magazine subscriptions. Yes, paper—not electronics. People still enjoy flipping pages, and magazines make great gifts that keep on giving all year long.
2. Food items. Drop by a World Market or other exotic food store and put together a selection of interesting chocolates or unusual savories and cheeses. Buy a decorative tin, and—voila—you have a unique gift.
3. A famous family recipe. Do you make the best pulled pork with your own special BBQ sauce? Or perhaps no one comes close to that perfect chili recipe like you do. Type your "almost" famous recipe and tape it to a new pot, pan, or other cooking utensil.
4. A holiday serving platter filled with cookies. The cookies are nice now and the platter keeps on giving.
5. Your skills. Are you good at woodworking? Make something. Have a knack for cooking? Volunteer to teach your skills. Love kids? Offer to babysit once a month to give parents a break. Are you a budding artist? Create an amazing canvas to help decorate someone's home.