5 Tips to Stress Less This Holiday Season
Wednesday Nov 29th, 2023
While holiday celebrations can be fun, planning and hosting – and in some cases even attending – can be stressful. Here are five tips to reduce your stress levels this holiday, so you can focus on what’s important!
- Establish expectations ahead of time with your family on the intention of your celebration. This helps keep everyone on the same page to avoid uncomfortable dinner conversations.
- Assign each attendee to a different dish to cut down on kitchen activity – someone takes an appetizer, dessert, side dish, etc. Send a reminder a few days before so folks remember to bring their dish!
- If you’re driving to the party, leave plenty of time to get there in case of traffic or inclement weather. Consider a ride share to avoid having to drive at all.
- Designate a “cleanup committee” to help with clearing the table, sorting dishes, bagging up leftovers, etc. Opening presents? Have a large trash bag nearby for guests to dispose of wrapping paper.
- Treat yourself to a massage after the holiday hustle is over!