6 Tricks for Detailing Your Car’s Interior
Friday Jul 07th, 2017Share
1. Use a foam paint brush to clean dust from inside vents. Use a vacuum at the same time to pick up the dust.
2. Use a toothbrush to lightly scrub rough textured surfaces and get into tight seams.
3. Use a window squeegee and a squirt of water to scrape pet hair from cloth seats.
4. Pick dirt from between buttons and around the shifter by pressing kid's homemade slime into those spaces and pulling out the dirt that sticks to it. To make slime: Mix 1/2 cup of liquid starch, a small bottle of Elmer’s glue, and 1/4 cup of water.
5. For grime on the inside of the windshield, nothing works better than dry, crumpled newspaper and elbow grease. Some people like to finish with an anti-fogging solution, like Rain-X Anti Fog.
6. Removing stains. Coffee, blood, lipstick, etc...all stains are chemical compounds, and each should be removed using an “antidote” specific to the type of chemical. Look up “How to remove ___ from car seats” to find the right solution for your type of stain. Don’t just start squirting cleaner on every stain. That could make it worse!