9 Weight Loss Tips to Lose Weight Faster
Tuesday Dec 28th, 2021
- Eat a high protein breakfast. Eating a high protein breakfast could help reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. Empty calories from sugar aren’t useful to your body and can hinder weight loss.
- Drink water before meals. One study showed that drinking water before meals reduced calorie intake and may be effective in weight management.
- Choose weight-loss-friendly foods. Some foods are better for weight loss than others.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may promote weight loss. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea. Caffeine consumption can boost your metabolism.
- Base your diet on whole foods. They’re healthier, more filling, and much less likely to cause overeating than processed foods.
- Eat slowly. Eating quickly can lead to weight gain over time, while eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Get good quality sleep. Sleep is important for many reasons, and poor sleep is one of the biggest risk factors for weight gain.
Eating whole foods, higher protein, soluble fiber, and less sugar can help you lose more weight. Don’t forget to get a good night’s sleep, too.
Sample meal ideas for fast weight loss
These sample meal plans are low carb, which limits carbs to 20–50 carbs per day. Each meal should have protein, healthy fats, and veggies.
If you’d prefer to lose weight while still eating complex carbs, add in some healthy whole grains such as:
- whole oats
- whole wheat
- poached egg with sliced avocado and a side of berries
- spinach, mushroom and feta crustless quiche
- green smoothie with spinach, avocado, and nut milk and a side of cottage cheese
- unsweetened Greek yogurt with berries and almonds
- smoked salmone with avocado and a side of asparagus
- lettuce wrap with grilled chicken, black beans, red pepper, and salsa
- kale and spinach salad with grilled tofu, chickpeas, and guacamole
- BLT wrap with celery sticks and peanut butter
- enchilada salad with chicken, peppers, mango, avocado, and spices
- ground turkey bake with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and cheese
- antipasto salad with white beans, asparagus, cucumbers, olive oil, and Parmesan
- roasted cauliflower with tempeh, Brussels sprouts, and pine nuts
- salmon baked with ginger, sesame oil, and roasted zucchini
- cauliflower hummus and veggies
- healthy homemade trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
- kale chips
- cottage cheese with cinnamon and flaxseeds
- spicy roasted chickpeas
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- tuna pouches
- steamed edamame
- strawberries and brie
Significant weight can be lost on a low carb or low calorie diet, but the speed depends on the individual. General weight loss can improve certain markers of health, such as blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The Bottom Line
By reducing carbs or replacing refined carbs with complex carbs, you’ll likely experience reduced appetite and hunger. This removes the main reasons it’s often difficult to maintain a weight loss plan.
With a sustainable low carb or lower calorie eating plan, you can eat healthy food until you’re full and still lose a significant amount of fat.
The initial drop in water weight can lead to a drop in the scales within a few days. Fat loss takes longer.