Charisma Can Be Developed
Monday May 06th, 2019
Charisma means “divine gift,” and it’s used to describe people with powerful charm and personal magnetism. But it’s not always a gift—many people develop charisma by learning how to connect with people. You can too, using these techniques:
Physical presence—Whether or not you’re handsome or beautiful, you can boost your physical charisma:
· Take care of your overall health. Healthy people are more attractive.
· Make direct eye contact with other people when speaking.
· Dress well.
· Stand and walk straight, with your head held high.
Emotional connection—This is a vitally important aspect of charisma. Connect emotionally with people in these ways:
· Practice being clear and positive when communicating.
· Focus on the people you’re trying to connect with, not on your own needs.
· Listen without interrupting. Comment on what they said instead of launching into your story.
· Express an optimistic outlook—people like to follow upbeat people.
Intellectual connection—Charismatic people engage other people’s minds:
· Expand your reading to include literary interests, not just business books.
· Take a class in a subject you don’t know enough about.
· Develop and use a better vocabulary.