Curious Food Facts
Thursday Mar 12th, 2020
Here are some fun food facts to wow your friends at the next cocktail party:
· Worcestershire Sauce: Is made from dissolved fish (Anchovy).
· Coca-Cola: The original formula called for a brown color to hide impurities in early manufacturing processes.
· Strawberries: Have more vitamin C than oranges (when comparing similar serving sizes).
· Vinegar: Melts pearls due to the calcium content.
· Avocados: Have more protein than any other fruit and are poisonous to birds.
· Almonds: Are a member of the rose family.
· Honey: A food that will not spoil when stored properly.
· Cherries: Tart cherries are a natural anti-inflammatory pain reliever.
· Asparagus Urine Smell: Methanethiol, a chemical found in Asparagus, is composed mostly of sulfur with a splash of hydrogen, plus some carbon, a brew famous for the effect it produces in rotten eggs, cabbages and paper mills.
Post a comment