Furnace Readiness Tips
Tuesday Oct 22nd, 2019
With winter upon us, many of you probably already have your furnace running. If you haven’t turned it on yet, or haven’t done the maintenance yet, here are some quick tips.
1. Turn off the gas and electricity to the furnace.
2. Vacuum the furnace interior everywhere you can reach.
3. Change the air filter.
4. Check the fan belt for wear--glazing, cracking, or fraying. The belt should be taut. Tighten by loosening the attachment bracket and moving the motor assembly until the belt tightens. Retighten the attachment bracket.
5. Replace furnace cover and turn on gas and electricity.
6. Test your thermostat. Inefficient thermostats can cause the furnace to run longer than necessary.
Post a comment