Halloween Dos and Don’ts
Friday Sep 29th, 2017
Halloween is an exciting time of year for kids, and to help ensure they have also have a safe time, here are some Halloween dos and don’ts.
- Do plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure that shoes fit well and costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with flame.
- Do consider adding reflective tape or striping to costumes and trick-or-treat bags for greater visibility.
- Do remove from the porch and front yard anything a child could trip over such as garden hoses, toys, bikes and lawn decorations.
- Don’t allow young children to go trick-or-treating without a parent or responsible adult.
- Don’t go to a home if the porch light isn’t on, and never go into a home or car for a treat.
- Don’t let children sample their treats until you’ve inspected them and thrown away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items.