Is It Furnace Checkup Time?
Thursday Oct 26th, 2017
It’s that time of year, and the Red Cross offers these safety tips on furnace maintenance:
· Don’t attempt repairs yourself unless you’re a qualified professional.
· Have your furnace checked and cleaned regularly by a qualified repairperson.
· Make sure all furnace automatic controls and emergency shut-off valves are in working condition.
· Have the repairperson check the wall and ceiling near the furnace and flue. If they’re hot, more insulation or clearance may be needed.
· Check to see that flue pipes are well supported, free of holes, and clean.
· Make sure the chimney is solid with no cracks or loose bricks.
· All flue openings that aren’t being used should be sealed with solid masonry.
· Keep trash and combustible storage items away from the heating system.
Post a comment