When You Have Too Much Money
Tuesday Feb 25th, 2020Share
If you’re tired of scrimping and saving, here are some ideas for spending your kids’ inheritance on yourself before you go:
· Food. The priciest hamburger in the world is probably the FleurBurger. It’s made with foie gras and a special truffle sauce, served with black truffles on the side (and a bottle of Chateau Petrus 1990) at the Fleur de Lys in Mandalay Bay, in Las Vegas, for $5,000.
· Drink. A bottle of Bowmore whiskey, a 54-year-old Scottish single malt, went up for auction in Edinburgh in late 2012. The bottle was expected to sell for as much as $240,000 as a collector’s item.
· Accommodations. The Royal Penthouse Suite at the Hotel President Wilson in Geneva, Switzerland, offers guests a private fitness center, a library, a billiards room, and breathtaking views of the mountains for $65,000 per night.
· TV. Watch your favorite shows on the PrestigeHD Supreme Rose TV, made from 61 pounds of 18-karat rose gold inset with 72 1-carat diamonds. Price: $2.25 million.
· Jeans. Neiman Marcus Stores offers Couture Swarovski Crystal Jeans for $10,000 a pair.