Winter Fun Facts
Wednesday Nov 20th, 2019
1. The wind chill factor is a measure of heat loss from exposed skin.
2. If it gets cold enough, ice crystals can form and snow can fall from clear skies.
3. All snowflakes have 6 sides.
4. A whiteout is also called a snow squall. It occurs when a cloud touches the ground.
5. Hot water freezes faster than cold water.
6. The "winter blues" were first diagnosed in 1984. And have recently been named seasonal affective disorder or S.A.D. (seriously)
7. Ten inches of snow melts down to one inch of water.
8. The largest snowflake recorded in the Guinness World Book of Records fell in Montana and was 15 inches wide.